Thursday, December 10, 2009

Santa makes an early delivery...


Something really funny happened today. Kyla and Halle want this huge Barbie dollhouse for Christmas. They have seen it on TV and get exited when they see it. It is several feet tall. We couldn't find this house in stores so I ordered it online a few days ago. After I picked up the kids from school today there was this huge box by our door. The dollhouse had arrived. It was wrapped in white paper so you couldn't tell what it was so I quickly put the box in our bedroom. Ethan saw this box and was instantly fascinated with what was inside. I don't know how the little stinker figured it out, but when I put him in bed tonight he told me that a Barbie dollhouse was in that box. I tried to ignore him and then I talked to Jamie about what he told me. Jamie suggested that we include Ethan in on a little secret about how Santa didn't have enough room in his sleigh for the dollhouse and that Santa's elves left the dollhouse at our door so the girls would get their dollhouse for Christmas. Ethan was thrilled to be included in this secret and promised not to tell the girls. Hope Ethan doesn't find more presents, we don't want to have to make up more stories about Santa delivering presents early.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the smile this morning! What a great story! We had to tell our son that Santa called and told us that Nintendo DS are for kids who are 9 and older! Crazy, huh?

    ReplyDelete