Saturday, July 11, 2009

A few days in Denver...





Ethan with his cousin Jordan.



Ethan and I went up to Denver for a few days to visit my brother Jason and his family. They drove in from Ogden, Utah to watch the Atlanta Braves play the Rockies. We went to the Thursday and Friday games. We had a lot of fun and saw a good game on Thurday. The Rockies won so Ethan and I were happy. Ethan had fun at the games and enjoyed eating a hot dog, cotton candy and also trying to eat sunflower seeds. We sat on the first row in the outfield on the upper level. They were good seats, we could see the entire ball park and we had a good view of the game. It did make me a little nervous to look over the edge, we were very high up and it was like looking over a cliff. The game on Friday night was delayed for an hour because of lightning and rain. There was a huge thunder storm and there was lightning all around us. When the lightning started to get closer to the park they delayed the game. We also went to a big water park in Denver, Water World. When we first got there we got into the wave pool. Ethan has always been a little nervous around water and he did not like the wave pool. When we got in they didn't have the waves on and Ethan was still a little nervous. Soon they blew a whistle and turned the waves on. People were screaming and Ethan started to freak out when he saw some waves coming. The waves tipped his boat and he barely went under the water. He jumped up and said "Get me out of here!" He kept saying this over and over and I tried to calm him down. He also said "I'm going to die!" I couldn't calm him down and he headed for shore. After this we went down some fun slides and found some kids pools that he had fun in. He's now saying that he wants to go back to Water World so I think he had a fun time.

No comments:

Post a Comment